The leather and faux leather trend (I prefer faux) will be returning this fall with a vengeance and I’ve fallen head over heels for it…. although not everyone shares my enthusiasm when it comes to this trend. You may have convinced yourself that you could never pull off wearing faux leather, or you want to but you’re feeling unsure as to how. Well have no fear my fashionistas! Reinforcements have arrived! I have gathered some different styles for you to draw inspiration from. Here are 5 simple ideas for styling your faux leather:
- Add a kimono. I wore mine with faux leather pants, but you can switch them out for a faux leather mini skirt or even faux leather shorts!
- Wear a faux leather jacket with jeans. This look is very simple to achieve. Just take your basic tee and jeans and throw on your faux leather jacket. Add boots or booties to complete your fall look. I chose to dress up this outfit with some chunky gold jewelry.
- Pair Faux leather bottoms with a button down blouse. I chose a skirt here, but you can opt for faux leather pants or a pencil skirt instead. For a blouse that’s longer in length, try leaving it untucked and paired with leggings. If fitted blouses aren’t your style, try one that’s flowy instead.
- Try a faux leather vest to accent a longer top with leggings. I chose my faux leather vest to wear over this graphic tee with leggings, but you can try pairing one with a trendy high-low shirt or any tunic. Replace it with a black motorcycle jacket or for cool fall evenings.
- Pair a crop top with faux leather bottoms. I really love this skirt, but crop tops can also look amazing with higher waisted faux leather pants or pencil skirts. Top off your look with a chic pair of open toe booties or a pair of heels. Don’t forget to add a layer for night time such as a jacket or blazer.
Leather can sometimes be challenging, but there are so many fun ways to mix up staple pieces. When in doubt just go back to basics with a tee or jeans and just add one leather piece. How many of you are strutting your stuff in leather this fall? We would love to hear your styling tips! Leave a comment below to share any ideas you may have for wearing leather. I hope you are all having a FAB weekend!