Remember that shirt dress I styled last week? I wanted to show you how to get the makeup look I did with that amazing Sonia Kashuk Bazaar Color Palette! I did a review with swatches of the palette and I was blown away at the quality! This is what the palette looks like:
and here’s the look I created with it:
I love this look, I think it’s perfect for fall! I wanted to create something that would allow me to wear a berry lip, and this palette made it very easy! Here are the steps to follow if you want to give it a try :)
1. Apply your face primer. I’ve been using Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish Primer and I love it!
2. Cover any blemishes or under eye circles with concealer. L’oreal True Match in C45 (light/medium) has been my go-to for the past couple of years now.
3. Prime your lids and up to your brows with some eyeshadow primer. My favorite for years is Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I use it for every look I create.
4. Using a flat brush, pack the nude pink eyeshadow in the palette (top row, 2nd to right) onto the inner 2/3 of your eyelid up to the crease. Leave the outer 3rd bare.
5. Sweep the medium shade shadow (top row, 3rd to right) into your crease. Use windshield wiper motions to blend it out. I added a little bit of a darker brown color from my Urban Decay Naked Palette (Buck) just to add a bit more depth.
6. Take a pencil brush and apply the darkest shade from the palette onto the outer 3rd of your lids. Make sure you blend it well into that lightest color you packed on first!
7. Time for the brow highlight. If your skin is lighter toned, you can certainly try the white shimmery highlight in the SK palette, but I prefer one of a pale yellow shade for my skin tone. I personally used an Inglot pale yellow matte shadow, with NARS Albatross over it.
8. This is where you do your eyeliner. I personally like liquid eyeliner, but you can use a pencil if you want. My go-to liquid liner is NYX Collection Noir Liquid Black Liner. It has a really thin brush, providing ample amounts of control. Especially when you want to wing it out! I use it on the top lash line only.
9. Trace your lower rims with a brown eyeliner. I’ve been using Rimmel London’s Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in 212 – Rich Brown. It’s so smooth and creamy, making it super easy to glide along your skin.
10. Use the same eyeliner from step 9 to trace under your lower lashes. I went with brown because it provides a softer effect.
11. Using a small pointed brush, take that middle shade and blend out the brown eyeliner under your lower lashes. (3rd shade to the right)
12. Apply mascara. My go-to for years has been Benefit They’re Real.
13. Fill in your brows. I use NYC’s Dark Brown Waterproof Pencil in Dark Brown (932A) to trace them first, then I fill them in with a dark brown shadow and an angled brush.
14. Apply your foundation. I usually do my eyes first in case of any fallout, or if I have to go back and fix any part of the eye makeup with remover. My favorite foundation is my Dinair Airbrush foundation. It makes my face look flawless!
15. Use a highlighter. (optional) I sweep NARS Albatross onto the tops of my cheekbones, and use it under my brows as I was saying in step 7. It’s great for an inner corner highlight too!
16. Sweep a mixture of the two blush shades from the palette onto the apples of your cheeks. You can use whichever color works best for your skin tone, but I just mix colors for the fun of it :)
17. Contour your face and cheeks, if you choose. This is optional, but I really enjoy contouring.
19. Time for your berry lip! For this look I used NARS Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu. It’s a very rich and vampy shade. To lighten up the color a bit, I layered Rimmel London’s Provocalips in Kiss Fatal.
And you’re done!!! I know it looks like a lot when it’s written out but when you’re actually applying the makeup it’s very simple, especially if you want to skip the optional steps like contouring and false lashes. I hope this is of some help to you, and if you are looking for an amazing fall palette I would definitely pick up the Sonia Kashuk Bazaar Color Palette. You can’t beat the quality for it’s low price. As always, thanks for reading, and please stay happy and healthy!